P&O

I vomit on all moving things

By Cruising With Honey - 11:40




Travel sickness has plagued me ever since my parents would bundle my siblings and I into the back of the 1979 Valiant to drive to Orange for the Christmas holidays.

What would ensue were bouts of vomiting followed by a fog (and stench) that inundated the car for 3.5 hours.

Fast forward to 2015, this all encompassing nausea still plagues me -  unless I am behind the wheel. Car, train, plane or boat, it doesn't discriminate! So why on earth would I book a 12 night Christmas holiday aboard a cruise ship for my husband and three daughters (Misses 11, 10 and 8)? Simply because I love food, I love lounging and my life-long dream is to visit the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsundays. And I need a break from cooking and cleaning! 

Cruising has always appealed to me ever since I was a child hooked on the TV Show The Love Boat. I dreamed about waking up in "Sunny Acapulco" (even though a Sydney girl from the burbs had no idea where that was).
 

I've been on short cruises, but never one this long. With three days out I'm feeling a mixture of excitement and trepidation. We're going on the beautiful new Pacific Eden (the namesake of daughter number two) and will be celebrating Christmas aboard.

Armed with five packets of travel sickness medication, I think I'm ready to tackle the High Seas. Will it be a holiday to remember for all the right reason or the wrong ones?

Time will tell!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments