Speeding up time, slowing it down and standing still

By Cruising With Honey - 13:09



Two days ago, I bragged on an online parent's forum that I was totally "winning at life".

I had written two blog posts, had a super productive meeting, started dinner, made the beds, a yummy breakfast and also hung out the washing.

The washing is still hanging outside on the line.

Various undergarments, a few stray socks and a tea towel have been through numerous wash cycles, drying cycles, soaking, drip drying, air drying and thrashed around on an erratic spin cycle only a Hills Hoist can endure. Miraculously, 48hrs of drenching rain and near-cyclonic winds have not budged one peg. (Must be the Aldi pegs I'm using. I love Aldi).

So why am I boring you with laundry? Well, firstly to highlight my procrastinating attitude. But, more relevantly it's to highlight how excited I am that in ONE week, I will be on the Carnival Spirit with not a care in the world. No cooking, cleaning and NO LAUNDRY.



As I'm sitting here typing away - looking at my drenched washing while procrastinating about completing a client brief and justifying it by being creative and blogging for YOU -  I find myself musing about time. The great physicists of the world and that lovable Doc Brown from 'Back To The Future' have spent a lot of TIME thinking about TIME and trying to find ways to move through it, speed it up, slow it down even stand still. Is this a waste of TIME? Can TIME be wasted? Ughh, my brain hurts just thinking about it.

My request is pretty non-demanding (well I think so anyway). I would like the Universe's Time Keeper to please Fast Forward time to NEXT Thursday 8am and then make it stand still or go REALLY slowly until Sunday. That way, 3 nights can seem like 3 months. Thanks in advance.



But seriously, I am quite strange as I am already getting sad about the cruise ending - and I haven't even BEEN on it! Is this normal? Shall we name this phenomena as I don't think I'm the only one that suffers from it. I shall call it, Post Cruise Depression Prior To Cruising Sickness - or PCDPTC. Catchy right? Who else is a sufferer?

My biggest problem however, (yes I am complicated) is that I'm one of those people who want to do EVERYTHING! I get anxiety when the daily activities handout arrives the night before in my cabin. My palms get sweaty as I reach for my trusty highlighter (yes, I carry highlighters and various writing tools everywhere) and try to figure out how I'm possibly going to NOT MISS OUT. This severe FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) is also a sickness that I am trying to find a cure for. Unfortunately, I'm doomed. 

So here's my challenge to all of you. Other than creating a cloning device for me (does anyone have one?), how do I make best use of my time aboard the Spirit? There will be no time to get bored aboard and I want to do everything. From the classes (I hear there is a cocktail making class?) to dining experiences, ship tours, HOW do I possibly do it all in 3 days? I am open to a no-sleeping option and moving at a light jog while traveling around the ship.

How many things do you think I can squeeze into one day? I'm up for the challenge.

And GO!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments