Each cruise is a Voyage(r) of discovery

By Cruising With Honey - 11:05




Being a seriously awesome blogger, I sometimes get invited to special events aboard cruise ships.

I know how lucky I am, and get super excited at the thought of experiencing time aboard any cruise. However, usually, I get invited solo, but the wonderful people are Royal Caribbean invited my whole fam-bam to a Family Fun Day aboard Voyager of the Seas last Sunday. And buoy it was truly sensational.




Walking into Circular Quay, the butterflies already started to flutter upon seeing this beauty. Now, I haven't cruised on
Royal Caribbean yet and the kid-lets and hubola have never stepped foot on an RC ship. (My only experience was the party aboard Ovation last year.)

First impressions

There were lots of ohhs and ahhs, and AGGHHS (this one specifically from Miss 12 when approached my Princess Fiona. Her biggest fear is walking-talking larger-than-life dress-up characters.)




But, other than the giant green ogre, EVERYTHING about the Promenade deck was breathtaking. Instantly, I was impressed by the stylish touches, the colours, the ambiance. As there were no other passengers aboard, the Promenade was serene, and we glided along the polished floor in wonder. (You can watch my live stream vids here).

The kids pointed out the windows of some  inside cabins looked down onto the Promenade. I thought this was a great way to people watch, and super fun! We passed a few tables set up with Drink Packages and speciality restaurant tastings ready for the passenger onslaught to take bookings.

The 'coolest' place on Voyager was up next, Studio B - the Ice Skating Rink. I nearly wet myself with excitement! I LOVE skating even though I'm stupidly terrible at it. But I do own my own skates and love to hit the ice pretending I'm in Ice Castles.


"Please, don't let this feeling end...."
  
Before we could soak it all in though, we where whisked up to Johnny Rockets - an American-style diner complete with Jukebox menus on the tables and retro furniture. This looks AMAZEBALLS! Next door was the kids zone - pretty huge with lots or arcade games. 

Next stop, Flowrider! I will never, ever attempt this. No amount of travel insurance will cover the clumsiest person on Earth to stand on a surfboard on a moving ship. EVER. It looks SUPER fun and I could see the kids have an absolute ball.


How artistic am I?


While the kids played Mini Golf, I had a moment to take in the magical view of Sydney Harbour. Looking up, he rock climbing wall looks tempting. I think with the correct harness I'd safely be able to do this one. Yes, I could see my family enjoying all the wonderful features aboard Voyager. Maybe one day...





After a quick dip in the pool and a few hundred selfies, it was time to be treated to an amazing lunch. I will write a separate post about our meal at Giovanni's Table.








Before we knew it, it was time to disembark and bade this stunning ship adieu. While I didn't see all the features, what I did see highly impressed me. You see, not all ships are made equally, and not all ships are one-size-fits-all.

But, I can understand the praise Royal Caribbean ships get. I'm not putting down any other cruiseline as I love every one I have been on for different reasons. Having said that, Voyager is a real treat, and I'm looking forward to one day experiencing all she has to offer.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments